Jaipuria Jaipur Discussion Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can a smartphone be a tool for learning?

+79
Aman Chouhan
salonimaheshwari31
kajol singh
Nikita Garg
nikita0831
Kunwar Kartikay
ankitsharma
kshipra
Akansha Jain
Vartika Shukla
Aarya Gupta
Karishma kedia
Mubarak
prerna khandelwal
Dheeraj Mohan
Niharikasingh18j
manish rajpal
arpitasharma
preeti tamrayat
Shipra jain
Chander singh
zaid0407
sonali gupta
Shubham Mathur
Rhythm
Megha Dhyani
Simran Pipariya
prachi gupta
kaushalsoni139
Varshita Rathore
kiran.18j
Diksha Batish
abhik
yashika_damani
kshipratomar
Ravi Sharma
Mohish
shubhrv
simran sharma
Ankita Garg
himanshu goyal
Megha Nagelia
pitamber
Mohini Choudhary
AYUSHI MISHRA
SHWETA KHANDAL
Ritika
SWATI SRIVASTAVA
Prateek Poddar
kratika mishra
Aastha Ahlawat
pallavi maindola
mayank khatri
rohit.bharwani
rakshita jain
priyanka3004
yashica arora
Garvit Kumar Shah
REEMA SHARMA
kirti sharma
sonakshi chadha
Himani Banga
Sheenajain
indira kushwaha
priyanka sharma
mahak agarwal
Siji Abraham
Asif PGFB1653
Neetu Singhal
sadashiv
devendra sharma
Ankit pareek
sbagla21
shivani
Rishabh verma
rohit shivran
Shubham Patni
SONU KUMAR
skpandey
83 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Can a smartphone be a tool for learning? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can a smartphone be a tool for learning?

Post by Garvit Kumar Shah Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:24 pm

yes smartphone is a very good tool of learning because it is easy to carry and a better way to connect to the hub. it sometime you can carry in your pocket and learn anywhere and anytime you want. many applications are available on our phone and many of them are free of cost.

Garvit Kumar Shah

Back to top Go down

Can a smartphone be a tool for learning? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can a smartphone be a tool for learning?

Post by yashica arora Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:02 pm

Every day, more and more people are buying gadgets to connect to the digital world. Learning does not only happen inside the four walls of the classroom, it can happen anywhere. There are really a lot of ways to learn using a smartphone. Mobile learning is a gateway to tools and resources. It makes learning more personalized and creates bridges over the gaps between teacher and student. The great thing is that it gives users access to tons of content anywhere, anytime. Mobile learning opens up the opportunity to learn all the time. Smartphone is very useful when I need to look up the definition of a word or even to check my email for important updates.

yashica arora

Back to top Go down

Post by priyanka3004 Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:43 pm

Every day, more and more people are buying gadgets to connect to the digital world. Gadgets are everywhere: Smartphones, music players, tablet computers, laptops, netbooks, etc. If one of them is used for educational purposes and productivity, that’s mobile learning.
Learning does not only happen inside the four walls of the classroom, it can happen anywhere: On a bus, in a museum, at the zoo, in the living room. Portability is important for a gadget, but a gadget is most praised for its ability to connect to academic resources with just a swipe of a finger.
There are really a lot of ways to learn using a smartphone. Mobile learning is a gateway to tools and resources. It makes learning more personalized and creates bridges over the gaps between teacher and student. The great thing is that it gives users access to tons of content anywhere, anytime. Mobile learning opens up the opportunity to learn all the time.

priyanka3004

Back to top Go down

Post by rakshita jain Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:44 pm

yes smartphones are tool for learning.It has many benefits as it provide great connection among people by use of different social media. On one hand, they enable innovation to follow you wherever you go. On the other hand, they sustain, and often amplify, the negative habits built into our lives. Smile

rakshita jain

Back to top Go down

Post by rohit.bharwani Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:02 pm

yes I agree,smartphone can be a tool for learning.as we all know technology has been increasing day by day so we should be updated with the latest technologies.talking about smartphone it is so easy to use for many purposes but nowdays smartphone has become a necessisity tool for everyone specially for learning.it saves lot of time,sharing information,easy way to learn anything,etc.well smartphone can be used in various manners but it depends on the persons whether he is using in a positive way or a negative way.so use smartphone but it should be use in a good manner. Smile
rohit.bharwani
rohit.bharwani

Back to top Go down

Post by mayank khatri Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:46 pm

yes, definitely smartphone help in learning. we can increase our knowledge in any field by using smartphone. you improve your communication,subject knowledge, knowledge about economy,market and other area.

mayank khatri

Back to top Go down

Post by pallavi maindola Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:37 pm

yes definitely smartphone plays a vital and substantial role in a life today.we can learn so many things by smart phone.we can learn different latest technology,applications and their uses.it reduces our time as well energy like there are no. of online websites by which can shop through our smart phone.now a days there is no need to go to the market just to purchase one thing we can easily order the particular stuff through smart phone.
it increases the learning process as well, like through google or wiki Pedia or so many reading websites are there, by which we can enhance our knowledge and skills.
so by this way smart phone is a best tool for learning.

pallavi maindola

Back to top Go down

Post by Aastha Ahlawat Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:10 pm

Well,It depends on the user while one is just limited to some extent or proceeding learning on and on. Nowadays most of us are only social networking seeker and we avoid many useable things and applications,I m saying most of us not all of us ,yes their are people also who used smartphones as a main source of learning.
So it may be and may not be.

Aastha Ahlawat

Back to top Go down

Post by kratika mishra Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:36 pm

Ok, since everyone is in favor of using smartphone as a learning tool, but like a coin, everything has its other side as well. I am writing my content being against the topic. Do you really think, you can study while having a message from your friend on whatsapp? i mean seriously? In imaginary world it may be true, but its not the same scenario in reality. Guys its the only truth and we have to accept it. May be 2% of us have that much of concentration level that these message would not bother them and will not come in between their learning, but if i talk about rest 98% of us, including me, I will just leave the learning website as soon as (2 message from Preeti) will pop up in the notification bar of my phone.
I would like to raise a question, how many of you seriously use it as a study tool, none of us right, or may be 2-3 of you.
Finally I would like to end up my writing by emphasizing that i am against using smartphone as a learning tool. Thats all from my side.

kratika mishra

Back to top Go down

Post by Prateek Poddar Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:03 am

Yes, it is an excellent tool for learning. It can be used both in positive and negative forms. In positive way we can say that, by sitting at home we can visualize what is going all over the world. we can gather optimum knowledge of any field in any forms. on the other hand in negative way we can use it as a destructive tool for example, by typing the formula of bomb we can prepare it by the least possible ways sitting in our own home. Both the way we are learning but it is completely on us under which way we are taking it.

Prateek Poddar

Back to top Go down

Post by SWATI SRIVASTAVA Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:14 pm

I think Cell Phones can be used as an educational tool. These days Smart Phones have different kind of applications including educational apps. I do believe students could benefit from these applications on their smart phones to understand things in a better way.

SWATI SRIVASTAVA

Back to top Go down

Post by Ritika Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:18 pm

In my point of view Yes smartphone can be a tool for learning. As now a days everyone wants to get the things to be done in a smart and effective way in a very less time. Smartphones are easy to handle and can be carried anywhere.

Ritika

Back to top Go down

Post by SHWETA KHANDAL Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:31 pm

Yes,smartphones can be tool for learning and we should be used properly for learning for learning purpose in this era of technology oriented world.There are various platforms through which we can learn the uses of smartphones .The most essential tool for us in today's technological world is the use of smartphone .Now a days smart phones are not much costly ,as they are easily available in market is very cheap rate also.We can take down notes and then transfer to the laptop with smartphones presentations can be created .It is helpful if people develop in a better way,but it should be used to a certain limit and it has disadvantages too.

SHWETA KHANDAL

Back to top Go down

Post by AYUSHI MISHRA Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:22 am

Smartphones can be powerful teaching tools. As mentioned earlier, app developers are developing more and more educational apps. Users can now find reference books, flashcards, calculators, and much more on a smartphone.
so it can be a tool for learning
AYUSHI MISHRA
AYUSHI MISHRA

Back to top Go down

Post by Mohini Choudhary Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:26 pm

I should admit that unlimited functions of smartphones can be very useful for students. To begin with, a good smartphone has a great number of apps that can be at hand for every young person. Every student is able to download educational apps for free. There are high-quality apps that can help you train your speaking and writing skills. It help in learn foreign languages, just download an app that trains your grammar and listening. It help to learn new rules and listen to the correct pronunciation of new sounds. It help in download books and read texts in the original. This function is extremely important, because some books cannot be found at your local library. Moreover, you do not have to carry a heavy book in your bag all the time. You have everything in your portable smart device. Many schools suffer from poor financial problem. Consequently, they do not possess enough projectors, calculators, books, monitors, audio recorders, etc. A cell phone is the best solution of this problem.

Mohini Choudhary

Back to top Go down

Post by pitamber Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:05 pm

yes yes yes
The can be a tool for learning now a days as we see Dictionary coming in phones and from internet you can get anything we want and we can also read books from different sources and is very helpfull in knowledge gain

pitamber

Back to top Go down

Post by Megha Nagelia Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:56 pm

I agree with this Statement because Smart Phone is a pocket laptop for Us. We can access it from anywhere in this world.Smart phone has all the features which Laptops and PCs do have.A lot of people find smartphones delightful. We can install new features very quickly in smart Phones.

Megha Nagelia

Back to top Go down

Post by himanshu goyal Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:15 pm

yes, smartphone is a batter tool for learning. i would say there is no batter tool to learn faster. today, every activity done by the Smart Phone. we do not need anyone to teach us about the smartphone. we can learn and we can do it by ourselves at anywhere and anytime.

himanshu goyal

Back to top Go down

Post by Ankita Garg Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:04 pm

In the world of ever growing technology we cannot completely follow the traditional method of learning i.e. within the four walls of the classroom. Smartphone is definitely a tool for learning. They act as a supplement to the classroom learning. They are convenient for both the teacher and the student as smartphones can be used a platform for discussion and today a smartphone contains more information than a library so if a person is using his/her smartphone judiciously than it means they have all the information at their finger tips, should just know how to use it.

Ankita Garg

Back to top Go down

Post by simran sharma Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:14 am

Smartphone with internet can be or may not be a tool of learning it depends upon the user because it's the user who operate it.And smartphone is that tool which needs command without comment it won't work by it's own.So it depends on people whether they misuse it or use it for education/learning purpose.As we all know our generation is developing and with this development generation our way of learning is also changing and we mostly like to learn through smartphone.We always say "whole world in our pocket" that's all because of smartphones.
There are several sites or apps made for us to learn,every single details related to anything we get it from our smartphones.
Though smartphone we get several facilities like travelling,shopping,books/newspapers,etc.
Through internet we connect to people.
We get several facilities by sitting in our home itself without spending or wasting single minute on it.
So for me it's a full package of learning,entertainment.

simran sharma

Back to top Go down

Post by shubhrv Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:08 pm

A smartphone is smart because it has an operating system which manages the gadget’s hardware and software. It is no different from the operating system of a desktop computer. An operating system also enhances the gadget’s performance and battery life through management of power consumption. Smartphones are small and lightweight when compared to laptops and tablet computers. They can easily be carried by anyone, anytime and anywhere. Mobile learning is now convenient and flexible because of the smartphone’s portability. So smartphones can be a tool for learning ....

shubhrv

Back to top Go down

Post by Mohish Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:04 pm

yes...smartphone is a best tool for learning..at a times it distracts person..but if it is used efficiently we can learn each and everything with the help of simple touch.

Mohish

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravi Sharma Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:09 am

Cell phones are different from a computer lab filled with computers or a cart of netbooks because the cell phone is personal technology. Most students have invested a great deal of time learning about the features of the cell phone, how to navigate and the limitations of the phone. The other reason to really rethink the cell phone debate is because learning on the cell phone can extend beyond the walls of the school or the confines of a class period.

Ravi Sharma

Back to top Go down

Post by kshipratomar Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:32 pm

I think it's important to understand that things are not done now as they may have been when we were at school. It's all about helping our new generation develop into modern society."

kshipratomar

Back to top Go down

Post by yashika_damani Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:32 pm

Yes, i agree that smart phones can be of great tool for learning as now they all are very efficient . The outcomes would be great when used in a good manner n when the facilities provided are utilised optimally and wisely . It also prevents wastage of time ,less cost and a more wide platform for learning as everything is available on these gadgets . Smart phone increases the effectiveness of learning to a great extent.But at the same time it has some negatives attached to it like excessive usage is harmful for eyes.

yashika_damani

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next